Vary by Department
Palomar College is a public two-year community college. Students may choose from over 200 associate degree and certificate programs, complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree and more.
Our mission is to provide an engaging teaching and learning environment for students of diverse origins, experiences, needs, abilities, and goals. As a comprehensive community college, we support and encourage students who are pursuing transfer-readiness, general education, basic skills, career and technical training, aesthetic and cultural enrichment, and lifelong education. We are committed to helping our students achieve the learning outcomes necessary to contribute as individuals and global citizens living responsibly, effectively, and creatively in an interdependent and ever-changing world.
Palomar College is dedicated to empowering students to succeed and cultivating an appreciation of learning. Through ongoing planning and self-evaluation we strive for continual improvement in our endeavors. In creating the learning and cultural experiences that fulfill our mission and ensure the public's trust, we are guided by our core values of:
* Excellence in teaching, learning, and service
* Integrity as the foundation for all we do
* Access to our programs and services
* Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
* Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs
* Viewpoint inclusiveness in collegial decision-making
* Mutual respect, trust, transparency, civility, and open communication
Highway 78 east to Las Posas Road exit, San Marcos. Right on Grand Ave., right on Las Posas Rd, north crossing the Sprinter tracks; turn right onto Mission Rd, 1/2 mile to Palomar College stoplight.